Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Journal Entry: Mississippi Trials, 1955

How would you have felt as a teenager back then if you had read about the Till murder in the Mississippi?

If i were a teenager back then and i read about the murder of Emmet Till i would have been very scared for my life because i may not if if i could be next to be beaten or killed because of something i say. it would be very hard for me to live in Mississippi as an African American. I would be afraid to go to sleep due to the fact that my house could be set on fire by someone From the KKK. I would seriously consider leaving that state. I would have also been very sad for Till's parents as well as his friends. if i were alive back then, i would have wanted to meet Emmet Till before he died to find out what was going through his mind. If i could then i would warn him not to go home after what he said to that white woman. i would have told him to hide out somewhere. That is how i would feel if i were a teenager back then.

No comments: